Got apples? Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and try this quick and delicious recipe for Warm Apple Cake.
You will impress your friends and family with this comforting warm apple dessert recipe. This easy apple cake recipe is a fantastic fall dessert idea and a great way to use up some of those extra apples. And on top of all that, you’ll wish that your kitchen could smell this wonderful all day, every day. Be sure to check out the bonus tips below.
Warm Apple Cake
recipe yields one 13 x 9 cake
Have on hand: A 13×9 baking pan, mixer, parchment paper, and cooking spray
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamom
½ tsp salt
6 oz butter, melted
1 1/4 oz half & half
1 lb apples – peeled, cored, and sliced. (weigh after peeling and coring)
** ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In mixer, whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, melted butter, and half & half. Blend well.
- Fold in apples and all dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Line 13 x 9 baking pan with parchment, then spray with oil
- Bake at 350° for approximately 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and perhaps some caramel sauce.
BONUS TIP: To jazz this apple cake even more, try a drizzle of our Maple Bourbon Syrup. Check out our Maple Bourbon Syrup recipe here.
DOUBLE BONUS: Visit our Recipe Files for more great Rabbit Hill Inn recipes. Check back frequently, as we continue to add more recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen.