10 Best places to Kayak, Canoe, and Paddle Board in Northern Vermont
In search of the perfect, peaceful, and awesomely beautiful place to be on the water? These are 10 favorite places to paddle and kayak in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and nearby White Mountains New Hampshire.
Over 40,000 acres of lakes and 4,000 miles of rivers and streams define the Northeast Kingdom and White Mountain regions. No crowds. Just the peaceful sounds of wildlife and water. Of course the great swimming, fishing and wildlife viewing awaits you too. Enjoy placid waters for leisurely paddling. Or choose more active rivers and larger lakes for more challenging paddling and motor boating.
We can provide you with boat loads of affordable Vermont kayak, canoe, and paddle board rental options. Some rentals are available right by the water. Kick it up a notch – let us pack you a delicious picnic lunch!
Here’s the list of the best locations to go paddle boarding, kayaking, & canoeing near Rabbit Hill Inn:
- Moore Reservoir (just ten minutes from the inn) Old Waterford Rd, Littleton, NH
- Clyde River – 2355 Route 105, West Charleston VT
- Lake Willoughby – East Burke, VT
- Crystal Lake – Barton, VT
- Green River Reservoir – Morrisville, VT
- Molly Falls Pond – Marshfield, VT
- Harvey’s Lake – West Barnet, VT
- Shadow Lake – Waterford, VT
- Echo Lake – Franconia Notch State Park, NH
- Connecticut River and Moore Reservoir – Waterford VT
Conveniently, kayak and paddle board rentals & shuttle services are available by many waterways:
- At Moore Reservoir (10 minutes from the inn) – North Country Kayak
- At Clyde River – Clyde River Recreation rents full gear, brings you to the paddle starting point, and picks you up at the end, returning you to your car.
- Up North Canoe & Kayak offers vessel / gear rental and drop off at several great waterways.
- White Mountain Adventure Sports (10 mins from the inn) – stand-up paddle boards rentals and lessons .
PRO TIP: Make it super easy! Check out our Clyde River Paddle Package – It includes a fun day of kayaking or canoeing, delicious picnic lunch for 2, AND an amazing dinner for 2 that evening. You can’t beat that!
Prefer a guided paddle excursion? We highly recommend the awesome folks at North Country Kayak. They offer a variety of paddle experiences. See details and book online right here.
Here is a list of our fine boating outfitters:
- North Country Kayak (603) 562-9864 – Littleton, NH ** Just ten minutes away **
- Clyde River Recreation (802) 895-4333, West Charleston, VT provides rentals/shuttle service
- Up North Canoe & Kayak (802) 888 – 7014, Morrisville, VT
- Gibbs Guides (603) 748-3754 – Island Pond, VT ** Fantastic fishing guides too! **
Are you ready to plan your Vermont summer getaway and explore all the liquid trails of Northern Vermont & New Hampshire?