Gluten Free Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe from the recipe files of Rabbit Hill Inn
Not all gluten free cake recipes are created equal. But this gluten free cake recipe will not disappoint! Finally, an easy gluten free cake recipe that is moist, flavorful, and freezes well. You are going to love this gluten free coffee cake filled with cinnamon and walnuts. Feel free to jazz it up with other nuts, fruits, struesel topping, or your favorite glaze.
Use this basic gluten free coffee cake recipe for all kinds of flavor combinations. The cake freezes well. And you can also use this basic gluten free cake recipe to make a variety of muffins.
Gluten free baking tip: For ease of use and consistent results, we recommend Bob Mills Gluten Free 1 To 1 Baking Flour. Be sure it is the “1 to 1” version with the blue label.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and line an 8″ pan with parchment paper
Basic Gluten Free Coffee Cake Recipe Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 cups Bob Mill’s Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour (blue label)
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1.5 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar & cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, oil, sour cream, and sugar. Mix by hand until light and fluffy
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the gluten free flour and baking soda
- Toss the walnuts into the flour mixture.
- Fold in the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, just until incorporated.
- Layer half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Evenly sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over the first layer of batter
- Add the rest of the batter
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining brown sugar / cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 20 – 30 minutes, until cake springs back or cake tester comes out clean
BONUS: Check out our online recipe files for more terrific recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. Use the search box for specific interests.