When peaches are in season, it’s best time to explore new ways to enjoy this favorite stone fruit. Without doubt, this versatile Peach Barbecue Sauce recipe will get you rave reviews! Not only can you use ripe peaches, but this is great way to use those over ripe peaches that may be left behind. Don’t let those soft peaches go to waste!
Peach BBQ Sauce Recipe Notes: yield-2 quarts / Need a food processor
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 seeded jalapeno, medium diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup onion, medium diced
1 yellow pepper, medium diced
1/2 cup celery, medium chopped
2 lbs peaches, pitted and sliced
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp chili pepper
3/4 tsp ground mustard
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup berry vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup corn oil
6 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Heat butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Add jalapeno,garlic,onion,yellow pepper,and celery.
- Sauté on medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add spices (ginger, chili pepper, ground mustard, and salt) to the vegetable mixture. Stir to incorporate flavor.
- Add peaches. Cook for 10 minutes
- Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and corn oil. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add syrup and cook for 5 more minutes. *** If desired, a little bourbon would be a tasty addition too.
- Remove from heat & cool.
- Puree in food processor until smooth.
BONUS: Check out our online recipe files for more terrific recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. Use the search box for specific interests.