Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm – A Terrific Summer Day Trip to Canada
We’re just an hour to the Canadian border and just 65 miles to Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm! Bring your passport and plan a day trip to the stunning Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm. Located in Fitch Bay, near Magog, this is the largest lavender farm in Canada and the second largest in North America.
The best time to visit the Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm is July and August. This peak of the flowering season. Your visit to the Bleu Lavande will be memorable, relaxing, and some might say, zen-like. Take a self guided tours or consider a guided tour. But there is so much more!
Aside from strolling through the fields of blooming lavender, have a picnic on the benches along the fields (we’ll gladly arrange a delicious picnic for you). To heighten the experience – there are many exciting things going on in those lavender fields. Consider a therapeutic massage at Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm (advance appt is required). Take in a yoga session. Plan your visit to Bleu Lavande during the live musical performances or art festivals, such as Blue Jazz Saturdays or Classical Tuesdays. Check out the Bleu Lavande lavender farm concert series or several unique packages.
Visit the information center to learn about the history and farming of lavender, the distillery where the certified true lavender essential oil is extracted. Save time to shop in the lovely boutique, filled products derived from and inspired by the lavender of the farm. There are dining options onsite.
Here’s what you need to know about the Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm:
- Passport IS required to cross the Canadian Border
- Location: 891, Narrow Road (Road 247), Stanstead Canton (Fitch Bay) Magog
(Québec) Canada J0B 3E0 , 1 888 876.5851 in Fitch Bay, near Magog / Stanstead Canada
- Directions from Rabbit Hill Inn to Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm (just 65 miles)
Route 247 South is a delightful drive. It winds through gentle hills, into the tiny village of Fitch Bay on Lake Memphémagog, and over a classic covered bridge. If you turn at Applegate Hill, you’ll come to one of the most beautiful sights in the verdant triangle that makes up the Eastern Townships of Quebec—Bleu Lavande,
- Cost: May 14th – June 23rd, Access to the farm is free. June 24th – August 9th Adult Admission is $10 / Seniors $7 ( plus taxes)
- Bleu Lavande Lavender Farm Tour Schedule:
- Free Tours: Daily 10 am – 5 pm, May 13th until May 28th 2017, June 3rd until June 22nd 2017, June 23rd until October 9th 2017.
- Guided Tours: Daily 10 am – 5 pm. June 23rd to September 4th, and September 9th & 10th, 16th & 17th, 23rd & 24th & October 1st- 7-8-9 2017
- Bleu Lavande Schedule of events, concerts, art festivals, and packages
- Purchase tickets to live musical performances at Bleu Lavande
Your Rabbit Hill Inn getaway can be international adventure! The inn is just one hour to the Canadian border. There are so many cool places to see just over the border in the nearby Eastern Townships of Canada. Check out our other wonderful Canadian day trips. And do NOT forget your passport!