Pumpkin Apple Bread Recipe from Rabbit Hill Inn
We guarantee, you’ll be making this Pumpkin Apple Bread recipe year round. No need to get into the messy job of cutting into a pumpkin, canned pumpkin works perfectly. And it’s a great way to use up those extra apples you have on hand. The spice trifecta of cinnamon, ginger, and clove make this bread recipe incredibly comforting. Feel free to jazz it up, add nuts, raisins, chopped dates, anything goes.
We hope that the delicious, heavenly aroma coming from your oven brings you fond memories of your time at Rabbit Hill Inn. Be sure to check out all the other great recipes in the Rabbit Hill Inn Recipe files.
Preparation notes: Recipe yields 1 full size loaf. Prepare loaf pan: oil all sides & line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Apple Bread:
1 cup of cooked pumpkin (canned)
1/2 cup oil
1.5 cups sugar
4 Tbsp water
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped, peeled apples (medium dice)
- In large bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add water and pumpkin. Mix well
- In separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices
- Toss apples with dry ingredients
- Blend apple mixture into pumpkin mixture until everything is well incorporated.
- Fill lined loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for approx 45 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean
- Cool on baking rack. Enjoy!
BONUS: Check out our online recipe files for more terrific recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. Use the search box for specific interests.