Guests who are here for longer stays, and those who are with us on Wednesday nights when our dining room is closed, often ask about other places to eat.
For a rural area, there are some good alternatives ranging from the local Mom & Pop, to a Sterling car diner, to contemporary casual. Here’s a list of some of the places our guests will visit if they are not dining at the inn:
- Kingdom Table & Taproom – St. Johnsbury, VT – offering craft beer, wine and spirits along with a varied menu focusing on locally-sourced foods.
- Salt Bistro – St. Johnsbury, VT – cozy, very approachable local place serving nicely prepared American bistro cuisine.
- Central Café – St Johnsbury, VT – coffee-house turned bistro café offering uniquely creative lunches and limited, but artfully prepared, dinner offerings (dinner Fri-Sat-Sun).
- Pica-Pica Filipino Cuisine – St Johnsbury, VT – Serving authentic home cooked dishes from the Philippines.
- Beal House Inn – Littleton, NH – rustic American tavern fare done nicely; menu changes frequently. Cozy and relaxing atmosphere.
- Tim-Bir Alley Restaurant – Littleton, NH – offering upscale food in a bistro-like casual atmosphere.
- Salt Cicchetti & Martini Bar – Littleton, NH – Mediterranean influenced small plates and entrees in a casual hideaway styled location.
- Chang Thai Cafe – Littleton, NH – offers very fresh, authentic Thai food in a comfortable and contemporary atmosphere.
- Littleton Freehouse Taproom & Eatery – 16 artisan guest taps and a varied, locally sourced menu of sandwiches & small plate with an international flair.
- Schilling Brew Pub– Littleton, NH – craft brews made here that change frequently, great brick oven flatbread pizzas, salads, and charcuterie all in a rustic environment.
- Adair Country Inn & Restaurant – Bethlehem, NH – New England style cuisine with lighter fare in the bar.
- Sugar Hill Inn – Sugar Hill, NH – Four-course fixed price dinner in an elegant dining room.
- Rek-Lis Brewing Company – Bethlehem, NH – they do beer, as the name implies, with fun, beer-friendly food offerings such as burgers, brats, empanadas, and much more.
And if you are in the mood for something very casual, Littleton, just 12 minutes from the inn, also offers the Littleton Diner, Gold House Pizza, Applebee’s, and 99 Restaurant & Pub.