This delicious lemon curd coffeecake recipe never disappoints.
This delicious coffeecake is a huge hit in our breakfast room. By popular request, Pastry Chef Phyllis is sharing the recipe. As a time saver, she suggests using a high quality purchased lemon curd.
However, if you wish, to make your own – try her outstanding homemade lemon curd recipe.
By the way… the coffeecake and streusel topping recipes are real keepers! Using this as your basic coffee cake recipe, the flavor options are endless.
Rabbit Hill Inn Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Coffeecake Recipe Yield one 9″ cake
Ingredients for cake batter:
1 cup butter 1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs 1 ½ tsp baking powder
1-cup sour cream ¼ tsp baking soda
Jar of lemon curd (if you wish to make your own, here is our recipe)
Ingredients for streusel topping:
1 cup flour 1 cup sugar ½ cup melted butter
Blend these ingredients and set aside.
- Grease & flour a 9” cake pan. Pre-heat oven to 325ºF
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and continue to mix.
- Spread half of the batter into the pan.
- Apply a layer of lemon curd
- Sprinkle a layer of poppy seeds
- Spread the rest of the batter over the lemon curd
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the top.
- Bake at 325ºF until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
BONUS: Visit our Recipe Files for more great Rabbit Hill Inn recipes. Check back frequently, as we continue to add more recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. From time to time, you’ll even see a cooking video. SO be sure to bookmark this page.