Shrimp – Tequila – Lime… what else do you really need??? This grilled shrimp dish can be enjoyed all year round. Of all the shrimp recipes out there, THIS is the one that everyone will beg you to share.
It is an easy grilled shrimp recipe that can be served warm or cold. For sure, it makes a great buffet dish. Give it a try. Post your comments on our FaceBook page and let us know what you think.
Grilled Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe
Key ingredient – 2 lbs of large fresh shrimp, shelled & deveined
Preparation of the Marinade Yield 1 ½ cups
¼ cup lime juice, fresh squeezed ¼ cup tequila
½ Tbls garlic 2 Tbls shallots
6 Tbls olive oil 1 Tbls Dijon mustard
¾ tsp fresh black pepper 2 Tbls minced cilantro
4 Tbls minced parsley
- Combine all ingredients and incorporate well.
Preparation of the Shrimp:
- 2 lbs large shrimp (deveined and shelled)
- In ziplock bag, soak in marinade for 2-3 hours (longer if possible)
- Remove shrimp from marinade and let drain for 2-3 minutes
- Oil hot grill rack to prevent sticking (you can do this in a skillet too)
- Grill on both sides until done (3-5 minutes total)
Serve warmed or chilled. Either way, it will be FANTASTIC!!!!