This TOP TEN Vermont Winter Activity list guarantees a fun-filled Vermont winter getaway! Enjoy the best outdoor winter adventures. But not in the typical “touristy way” – go where the locals go for serious winter fun.
These outdoor winter experiences are, hands down, the most awesome winter activities in Northern Vermont and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. When planning your next romantic winter vacation to Rabbit Hill Inn, save time to try these fun and adventurous activities. Use this “Top Ten” list as your guide and you’ll enjoy a fantastic New England winter getaway experience.
10. Winter Truck Safari ~ The fine folks at Alpine Adventures will take you for a crazy ride up Barron Mountain.
9. Winter Hiking ~ With good winter boots and a pair of Microspikes, you can explore trails along stunning frozen waterfalls and peaceful trails along the Connecticut River or in Franconia Notch State Park. Local secret: Explore winter hike trails such as the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail or the Bethlehem Trails. When you get here, we’ll have all the details waiting for you.
8. Cross Country Skiing & snowshoeing are definitely top choices winter activity. There are several Nordic Ski trails areas near Rabbit Hill Inn. Here is a list of our favs:
Craftsbury Outdoor Center / Nordic Center – great choice for the seasoned / competitive cross country skier. Some of the best well groomed cross-country skiing trails in New England (100 kilometers of skate and classic trails in optimum skiing condition). Rental
Kingdom Trails – Ideal for beginner to intermediate Nordic ski treks.15 kilometers of skate and classic trails through fields and forest. You can’t beat the vista from these trails, looking out at Willoughby Gap.
If you have equipment, you can Nordic ski right here at the Inn, along the Connecticut River. or head on over to the Kingdom Trails. No equipment? No problem. Kingdom Trails and the East Burke Sport Shop have all you’ll need.
Bretton Woods is very popular.
6. Downhill Skiing ~ 3 mountains to enjoy (Burke, Cannon, Bretton Woods)
5. Horsedrawn Sleigh Ride ~ Private romantic ride through the Vermont countryside. Moonlight rides are amazing! No one should miss this one.
3. Snuggle by the fire with a good book, hot cocoa and a loved one.
2. In-room massage by the fire. (Oh yeah…)
1. Enjoying the snowfall…knowing that you don’t have to shovel!