The Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont – a “Top Ten Winter Fat Biking Trail System in the United States” by Singletracks. “The only worthy fat biking trail system in the Northeast!”
The Kingdom Trails are well designed, making it a great trail system for cross country skiers, snowshoers, and winter fat bikers. Snowshoe and Nordic trails are separate from the fat bike trails. The Kingdom Trails Nordic Adventure Center packs the entire network of trails on the east side of Darling Hill with snowshoes and snowmobiles, giving winter fat bikers 25 miles of singletrack to choose from, including big time summer favorites like Pines, which offers year-round flow. Bonus: the trails are even marked like ski slopes—green for beginner, black for experts.
What you need to know:
- Location: Kingdom Trails Nordic Adventure Center – 2079 Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT . The yurt is open daily 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Directions to Kingdom Trails from Rabbit Hill Inn. Kingdom Trails is under 30 minutes from the Rabbit Hill Inn.
- Parking: Park at the Nordic Adventure Center on Darling Hill Road
- Trail Pass: You must have a Kingdom Trails Day Pass (purchase this at the KT Nordic Adventure Center). Day pass fee is $15.
- Fat Bike Rentals: (1) Village Sport Shop Trailside located on Darling Hill Road
(2) East Burke Sports in East Burke village
- Current Kingdom Trails Fat Biking trail conditions
- Before you go, review the Kingdom Trails Important Info page
The Kingdom Trails is a renowned Northeastern mountain bike destination during the summer, but thanks to snowmobile and snowshoe packing, the fun continues there all the way through the winter! According to the Kingdom Trails website, “This year, we are snowmobile and snowshoe packing the entire network of singletrack mountain biking trails on the East Side of Darling Hill,” So get on over here and enjoy some awesome singletrack fun!
This is hands down – the BEST fat biking experience in the Northeast! And it’s less than 30 minutes from Rabbit Hill Inn.
BONUS TIP: If you have your own fat bike, there is another terrific place to go fat biking near Rabbit Hill Inn. Parker Mountain Trails (also known as PRKR Trails) in Littleton New Hampshire (just 15 minutes from Rabbit Hill Inn).
Start planning your winter adventure getaway now!