This classic Oatmeal Muffin Recipe will become one of your favorites.
You can easily make this recipe your own in so many way. This delicious, moist muffin recipe is incredibly versatile. You can keep it simple or literally add just about anything you have on hand to jazz it up. Add berries, diced fruits, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips, whatever.
This easy muffin recipe makes a two dozen batch. This allows you to keep some in the freezer!
Rabbit Hill Inn Oatmeal Muffin Recipe – Yields 24 muffins (standard size)
Pro tip: If adding berries, add 2 cups for 24 muffins.
Ingredients for muffins:
2 cups quick oats 2 tsp baking powder
2 cups sour cream 1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter (melted) 1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs granulated sugar
2 cups light brown sugar Quick oat flakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine oats and sour cream. Add butter, eggs, and brown sugar. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add this combination to the wet mixture. Stir together.
- Incorporate your additional ingredients (berries, nuts, etc.)
- Scoop into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full
- Top each with granulated sugar and oat flakes.
- Bake at 350°F for about 17-20 minutes.
BONUS: Check out our online recipe files for more terrific recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. Use the search box for specific interests.