Carrot Cake Tea Cake recipe from the recipe files of Rabbit Hill Inn
Our Rabbit Hill Inn Tea Time Carrot Cake recipe is requested so often.
This irresistible carrot cake disappears from our afternoon tea table in a blink. The fun part is that you can change it up often – use your favorite cream cheese frosting or a simple buttercream. Add nuts, raisins, anything you wish. Chef Phyllis bakes this cake in a sheet pan, cuts it into small squares, then if needed, she’ll freeze it after cutting.
Preparation Notes: Have on hand parchment paper and 13 x 9 sheet pan
1 cup oil (any standard cooking oil)
3 cups grated carrots
2 cups sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Method for cake: Pre-heat oven at 325 degrees
- In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, eggs, sugar, and carrots
- Add dry ingredients to carrot mixture until well incorporated
- Spread on a parchment lined 13 x 9 sheet pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees until cake springs back to touch
BONUS: Check out our online recipe files for more terrific recipes from the Rabbit Hill Inn kitchen. Use the search box for specific interests.