Take in a play while you’re getting away! If it’s quality summer stock theatre you’re looking for, you’ll find it here at the Weathervane Theatre in Whitefield New Hampshire, just under 30 minutes from Rabbit Hill Inn. This is season 52 for the Weathervane Theatre, a well respected summer playhouse that brings Broadway to North Country. This professional summer theater produces classics, contemporary dramas, and musicals performed by professional quality actors and actresses.
The Weathervane Theatre is the only professional alternating repertory theatre in the country. They rotate performances of 5 musicals and 2 plays in a two month season (July & August). This unique alternating schedule offers multiple shows every week – a different show every night.
The Weathervane Theatre 2017 performance schedule begins on July 8. Shows run nightly until Sept 2, 2017. See the full show schedule here.
Here’s what’s playing at Weathervane Theatre Summer 2017:
- “Hairspray,” opens July 11
- “The Dining Room,” opens July 13
- “The Last Five Years,” opens July 15
- “Gypsy,” opens July 24
- “Seussical,” opens August 1
- “Inherit the Wind,” opens August 10
- “West Side Story,” opens August 21
- “Bubble & Squeak,” the Weathervane’s traditional summer opening on July 8 is your first chance to see the talents of the Season 52 Company.
- “Best of 2017,” end the season on September 2 with a compilation of all the best scenes and songs from 2017.
Location: 389 Lancaster Rd., Whitefield, NH (just 30 minutes from Rabbit Hill Inn)
Tickets & Information: Click here or call (603) 837-9322 for information and tickets.
As you plan your summer getaway to Rabbit Hill Inn, schedule a night to take in a play at the Weathervane Theatre. Rabbit Hill Inn is just 30 minutes away. Check out the rest of our blog for details on other live entertainment options. There is so much to do and see here. Your summer vacation will be filled with fun (we’ll see to that!).