Three Rivers Bike Path in St. Johnsbury Vermont
This Northern Vermont community bike & walking path is a local secret. Three Rivers bike path is a very popular, short (approx 1.5 mile) recreational path in St. Johnsbury Vermont. This St. Johnsbury neighborhood bike path is considered the beginning section of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail at the eastern point.
The trail is used year round for walking, jogging, biking, snowshoeing, and cross country skiing. Along this bike path, you will pass through a tunnel (going under the interstate). Do not hesitate – there is motion activated lighting as you pass through the short tunnels.
If you are interested in the entire 17 mile stretch of the Lamoille Rail Trail, click here for all the important details.
What you need to know about the Three Rivers Bike Path in St.Johnsbury Vermont:
- Three Rivers Bike Path starting point is just an 11 minute drive from Rabbit Hill Inn
- Get the Trail Map: Download the Map of Three Rivers Bike Path in St. Johnsbury Vermont
- Parking: The parking lot is off South Main Street. Located on the east end of the trail along South Main Street, just off U.S. Route 5.
- Terrain: This 1.5 mile Vermont bike path / walking trail is level, packed gravel surface.
- Rest Rooms: None on this section of the trail. You will find rest rooms beyond the west end of the trail at the Maplefields Store.
- Bring plenty of insect repellent. You’ll have much more fun if you are well protected. Although the trails are wide and clear from the wooded surroundings, you will still need this.
Local travel tip: Find the neighborhood recreation paths. This is a great way to travel like a local. You’ll get a real feel for a community and perhaps make a few local friends along the way.