7 Best places to Kayak, Canoe, and Paddle Board in Northern Vermont
In search of the perfect, peaceful, and awesomely beautiful place to be on the water? These are 7 best places to paddle and kayak in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont and nearby White Mountains New Hampshire. Over 40,000 acres of lakes and 4,000 miles of rivers and streams define the Northeast Kingdom and White Mountain regions. No crowds. Just the peaceful sounds of wildlife and water. Near Rabbit Hill Inn, you will find boat loads of affordable Vermont kayak, canoe, and paddle board rentals and guide packages. Of course the great swimming, fishing and wildlife viewing awaits you too. Enjoy placid waters for leisurely paddling. Or choose more active rivers and larger lakes for more challenging paddling and motor boating. Some of the best places to go paddle boarding, kayaking and canoeing in Vermont are:
- Clyde River – 2355 Route 105, West Charleston VT
- Lake Willoughby – East Burke, VT
- Crystal Lake – Barton, VT
- Harvey’s Lake – West Barnet, VT
- Shadow Lake – Waterford, VT
- Echo Lake – Franconia Notch State Park, NH
- Connecticut River and Moore Reservoir – Waterford VT
Gear, paddle boards, kayak, and canoe rentals of all kinds are readily available. Some are conveniently located right by the water. To make it even easier – shuttle services are available at Clyde River Recreation to get you back to your starting point.
The planning is easy! Check out our Clyde River Paddle Package – Enjoy a fun day of kayaking or canoeing, delicious picnic lunch for 2, AND an amazing dinner for 2 that evening. You can’t beat that!
Guided paddle excursions are available, including wildlife kayaking trips, Paddle & Picnic, sunset kayak tours on selected dates, and many others. Just tell us what you prefer, and we’ll match you up with the perfect outfitter.
Need more convincing? Watch this ->
Here is a list of our fine boating outfitters:
- Clyde River Recreation (802) 895-4333, West Charleston, VT provides rentals/shuttle service
- Still Waters Run Deep Kayaking (603) 638-3017, Monroe, NH provides guided tours only
- Village Sport Shop (802) 626-8448, Lyndonville, VT -rentals only
- East Burke Sports (800) 626-3215, East Burke, VT – rentals only
- Anglin’ Boat Rental — (802) 626-4523 Barton, VT – delivers canoes/kayaks/motor boats/fishing boats to Crystal, Willoughby, and surrounding lakes. Advance reservations for boats advised.