Rabbit Hill Inn Homemade Sweet Corn Ice Cream Recipe
YES! Sweet Corn Ice Cream recipe! You really must try this homemade ice cream recipe. When Phyllis (our Pastry Chef) offers this on the dessert menu, guests BEG for more!! Of course, she recommends using the freshest sweet corn. But, in a pinch, you can use fresh frozen corn. Brace yourself for all the compliments on this one.
Nothing screams summer goodness more than ice cream and fresh sweet corn. This is a great way to join the two together.
5 ears fresh sweet corn
4 cups heavy cream
1 cup of sugar
7 egg yolks
2 cups half and half
Vanilla Bean, split
- First cut the raw kernels from the ears of corn.
- Place the kernels, the cobs, and the split vanilla bean, in the heavy cream and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add one cup of sugar, bring back to boil and remove from heat. Remove the cobs and vanilla bean
- In a blender, puree this cream mix with the kernels until fully pureed. Return to the heat and simmer
- In a bowl, add some of the hot mixture to the eggs yolks while whipping.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to your ice cream maker’s instructions