This easy coconut bread recipe will certainly become one of your favorites. Enjoy delicious coconut bread as a breakfast treat, with afternoon coffee, or as a light casual dessert option.
Go crazy and add stuff – nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, whatever! It all works. You might as well make extra loaves, it freezes very well.
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cooking oil
2 tsps coconut liquor (optional)
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup coconut milk, room temperature
1 cup shredded coconut
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your loaf pan: spray w/ plenty of cooking spray, then line long sides of pan with parchment (no need to line the ends).
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended
- Sift dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
- Add dry mixture alternately with coconut milk to the egg mixture.
- Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from pan (using the parchment to help) and cool on a cooling rack.
From the recipe files of Rabbit Hill Inn