This TOP TEN Vermont Winter Activity list guarantees a fun-filled Vermont winter getaway! Enjoy the best outdoor winter adventures. But not in the typical “touristy way” – go where the locals go for serious winter fun.
These outdoor winter experiences are, hands down, the most awesome winter activities in Northern Vermont and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. When planning your next romantic winter vacation to Rabbit Hill Inn, save time to try these fun and adventurous activities. Use this “Top Ten” list as your guide and you’ll enjoy a fantastic New England winter getaway experience.
10. Winter Truck Safari ~ The fine folks at Alpine Adventures will take you for a crazy ride up Barron Mountain.
9. Winter Hiking ~ With good winter boots and a pair of Microspikes, you can explore trails along stunning frozen waterfalls and peaceful trails along the Connecticut River, the nearby White Mountains, Franconia Notch State Park, Lake Willoughby, and many others.
Local secret: Explore winter trails such as the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail The PKR MTN Trails, or the Bethlehem Trails. When you get here, we’ll have all the details waiting for you.
8. Cross Country Skiing & snowshoeing are definitely top choices winter activity. Explore several back country ski and hike trails areas nearby. If you prefer groomed trails systems, there are several Nordic Ski trails areas near Rabbit Hill Inn. Here is a partial list of our favs for groomed trail options:
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center / Nordic Center – great choice for the seasoned / competitive cross country skier. Some of the best well groomed cross-country skiing trails in New England (100 kilometers of skate and classic trails in optimum skiing condition).
- Kingdom Trails – Ideal for beginner to intermediate Nordic ski treks.12 kilometers of skate and classic trails through fields and forest. You can’t beat the vista from these trails, looking out at Willoughby Gap.
- Bretton Woods is also very popular for Nordic Skiing.
If you have equipment, you can Nordic ski right here at the Inn, along the Connecticut River. or head on over to the Kingdom Trails. No equipment? No problem. The East Burke Sport Shop has all you’ll need.
7. Snowshoeing ~ do it here, there, or anywhere. Again, we have several local back country trails and the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail here. Looking for groomed snowshoe trails? Kingdom Trails and Bretton Woods are a few of many terrific choices! See full details here. This is even fun to do by moonlight!
5. Horsedrawn Sleigh Ride ~ Private romantic ride through the Vermont countryside. Moonlight rides are amazing! No one should miss this one.
3. Snuggle by the fire with a good book, hot cocoa and a loved one.
2. In-room massage by the fire. (Oh yeah…)
1. Enjoying the snowfall… It’s so relaxing just watching it fall (knowing that you don’t have to shovel)!