Parker Mountain Trails in Littleton New Hampshire is a well kept local secret.
Parker Mountain Trails, also known as PRKR MTN Trails, in Littleton NH is a community managed 23 mile (and growing) network of hand built trails designed for mountain biking, hiking, and running. In winter, these Littleton NH trails are great for winter fat biking, cross country skiing, and winter hiking. These mountain bike trails are so awesome, yet only the locals and those “in the know” are aware of them. Some say that this is one of the best trail systems in New Hampshire. And it’s just 14 minutes away from Rabbit Hill Inn.
Parker Mountain trail system gives you access to the summit of Parker Mountain (the highest elevation in Littleton). But you will find the grandest views at “Linda’s Lookout,” a cliff with a breathtaking view of the entire northern Presidential Range of the White Mountains.
A new addition to the PRKR MTN trails is the pump track. The PRKR pump track is designed for those who want to hone their biking skills. Much like a BMX or motorcross track, it sharpens riders skills and provides a fun and exciting track experience.
This NEMBA review of the PRKR MTN Trails is a must read. It offers a full description and detailed biking tips on this trail network.
Things you need to know before you head out on the PRKR MTN Trails:
- PRKR Trail map information: The trails are very well marked. But the trail map will be a BIG help as you make your way through. Here are 2 links to download the PRKR MTN trail maps. NEMBA BIKE Trail Map of the PRKR Trails or download the smartphone app – The MTB Project app
- Location / Where to park for the PRKR Trails: The address is 90-106 Pine Hill Road, Littleton, NH. Park above the ball field of Remick Park. Ride up towards the Dead End Sign. Trailhead begins on the left as seen on photo here.
- ATTN mountain bikers: As of 2017, PRKR remains largely for advanced and expert riders. You will encounter significant vertical and highly technical trails. More trails are being built to accommodate all riding types.
While in Littleton NH, we highly recommend a visit to Littleton Bike & Fitness Shop at 28 Cottage Street, Littleton, NH. They are all avid mountain bikers and would gladly talk with you about the PRKR trails. They can help you with insider tips, provide guidance, and mark the trail map to your specific preferences.
For bike rentals – go to Littleton Bike Shop. These fine folks will outfit you with high quality biking gear, mountain bikes, fat bikes with studded tires, demo bikes, hybrid bikes, road bikes. All rentals include helmet, bottle, water, and local map. You can call for rentals or reserve bike rentals online.
Check the PRKR MTN Facebook page for more info, photos, a few videos, and upcoming events.
Other great hiking & biking trails in Littleton New Hampshire:
- Kilburn Crags Trails
- Pine Hill Trail (15 minutes from Rabbit Hill Inn)
- Dells Nature Trails (10 miles from Rabbit Hill Inn)
If you are planning a getaway for mountain biking, winter fat biking, hiking, or cross country skiing – Rabbit Hill Inn is the place to stay. Just minutes away from many trails systems, including the world famous Kingdom Trails in Burke Vermont and the Parker Mountain Trails in Littleton. There is an awesome trail waiting for you here!