Highland Games & Festival September 20 – 22, 2019
44th New Hampshire Highland Games & Festival is the largest Scottish festival in the Northeast. A true celebration of all things Scottish!
When: September 20 – 22, 2019 Rain or shine
Where: 60 Loon Mountain Road, Lincoln NH 03251
Time: Grounds open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily with additional ticketed evening events in various locations in the Lincoln-Woodstock area.
- The Music – Listen to world class musical performances from North America and Scotland on 3 concert stages (including the Red Hot Chili Peppers). Throughout the festival, music is at every turn – Pipe bands marching in unison. Competitions of 1000+ bag pipers, drummers, fiddle and harp players.
- The Dancing – Watch memorizing competitions of over 200 high stepping
- Feats of Athletic Strength and Skill – Watch competitions of pure strength. Top athletes compete from the USA, Canada, Iceland, Scotland, and across Europe compete. Yes, they are wearing kilts!
- The Food & Drink – Enjoy a wide variety of authentic foods and beverages. Additional offerings include Scottish cuisine events, beer and whiskey tastings.
- The Cultural Experience – Engage in the culture. Attend the clan parades, cultural seminars, gatherings and marketplace in the clan village.
Important links and information about the Highland Games and Festival 2019:
- Festival Guide – This detailed festival guide will assure that you don’t miss a thing!
- Festival Map – This map will help you navigate your way to every venue and
- Parking & Shuttle Buses: General admission parking is off-site. Shuttle service available. Read details in advance for shuttle schedules, etc.
One last thing: If rain is in the forecast, bring gear. Especially waterproof footwear. It can get muddy in some areas.
Make the Highland Games and Scottish Festival even more awesome! After you have enjoyed the festivities, treat yourself to a relaxing stay at the Rabbit Hill Inn (just 30 minutes away from Lincoln New Hampshire). Even better, make it a real getaway. Stay a few nights. There is so much to do and see here.