Rabbit Hill Inn Homemade Lemon Curd Recipe
This delicious homemade Lemon Curd Recipe will become one of your favorite staple recipes. The texture is creamy (not grainy like some others). Perfect for pie, tart, and donut fillings. Or a delicious spread on breads, muffins, and scones. And a variety of lovely dessert recipes too! Be warned, it’s mighty good by the spoonful too. Hopefully there will be some left to bake with.
Just a thought… Consider giving jars of this delightful homemade lemon curd as a great “gift from your kitchen”.
Bonus Bite: Use this lemon curd with our Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Coffeecake recipe.
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 10 oz lemon juice
- 1 lb sugar
- 6 eggs and 6 yolks -> beat together in bowl and set aside
- 8 oz butter -> cut into pieces
1. In a sauce pan, stir together lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil.
2. Temper egg mixture with 1 cup of the boiling lemon/sugar mixture.
3. Then add the egg mixture into the sauce pan with the remaining lemon/sugar mixture. Whip constantly until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Strain, add butter and zest. Mix until butter is melted.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and cool.