Never pass up on a farmers market while on vacation.
If you prefer to travel like a local, farmers markets are a “must do” activity. They are a great way to really absorb the local culture and explore the wonderful diversity of each area.
In Vermont and New Hampshire, Saturdays & Sundays are the biggest Farmers Market days. If you plan it right (and start early), you can easily visit a few markets in one day! Be warned, you may find yourself on a wonderful shopping spree, and perhaps make a few new friends. Come, listen, sniff, and taste for yourself…bring a cooler. Or, you can get one here. You might even decide to treat yourself to a chair massage. Our farmers markets are open rain or shine!
The two links below to guide you to the best farmers markets near Rabbit Hill Inn:
Our Top Ten favorite things that we love about our Farmers Markets:
- The live music – it really sets the tone for a great day at the market
- The prepared food!! So much wonderful, fresh, locally sourced ready-to-eat food. Enjoy breakfast or lunch at the Market. And then take some to-go foods for later.
- The local artisan cheese makers. And of course, sample all the unique artisan cheeses made nearby.
- The local bakers. Taste artisan breads, baked goods, and dee-lish soft pretzels. Taste real Vermont cider donuts. Don’t resist, you’re on vacation.
- Liquid Gold. You can’t forget the Vermont maple syrup…and the maple sugar, maple butter, maple cream and maple candy. You NEED this.
- The local distillers. Sip the awesome rums, meads, ice ciders, and other spirits. This may be our favorite part.
- Talk “bean” with a local coffee roaster. Taste the varieties of Vermont roasted coffees. Take home unique roasted coffee beans.
- The locally made unique specialty products – local honey, chutneys, jams, jellies, tapenades, pestos, sauces, and pickled anything. Don’t forget those incredible authentic Jamaican spice rubs & marinades.
- The incredible juried craftsmen & artisans – fabrics, candles, colorful yarns just spun, wood crafts, one of a kind handcrafted jewelry, herbal products, baskets, clothing, and numerous other irresistible artisan crafts. You may even meet an artist or photographer displaying their gallery of artwork. Check out the wonderful handcrafted soaps, lotions, and skin care potions. You can do some serious gift shopping at Farmers Markets.
- The local farmers are the backbone of Farmers Market. Amazing produce & herbs! Our friendly farmers proudly present fresh organic everything (picked that day). Fresh, I mean really fresh, organic meats (chicken, pork, beef, lamb), organic eggs – still warm from the chicken.
Oh, and the glorious floral bouquets and plants are a big score too! Like we said, wherever you travel – NEVER pass by a farmers market!