This is the red carpet list of the best ice cream spots in Northern Vermont!
We must admit, there are plenty of fantastic ice cream shops here in Northern Vermont. But we just had to give you a list of our TOP ice cream places. They made our “Best Vermont Ice cream Shops” list because they are not just a typical ice cream place. Each one is a unique and fun experience. That makes the ice cream even MORE delicious.
Consider this your Vermont ice cream trail. Visit them all – make a day trip out of it! You will see stunning sights, devour the creamiest frozen goodness (whether you prefer the classic flavors or more unusual varieties), and have an Instagramable great time too! So what if you ate ice cream all day, we won’t tell a soul.
- Bragg Farm Sugarhouse – MUST DO! Vermonters will tell you, “You HAVE to get a maple creamie!” They are right, you do. And Braggs is a great place to get this heavenly Vermont ice cream treat. The maple milk shakes are pretty awesome too. While there, visit the sugar house, take the maple sugaring tour and learn about the sugaring process. Spend time petting the friendly farm animals or hang out and in the mountain view. Bonus: There is a covered bridge nearby too. (open year round) Location: 1005 VT Route 14 North, East Montpelier, VT 05651
- Artesano Meadery & Ice Cream Shop – This is an ice cream experience! Plan on spending some serious time here. Their unique ice cream flavor menu varies day to day based on the very fresh & very local ingredients used. While your there, be sure to taste their outstanding meads, vinegars, and honeys. (Open May thru early Oct) Location: 1334 Scott Highway, Groton, VT, 05046
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory – Perhaps you have heard of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream? Come and visit the famous Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory (we call it the Mother Ship). Take a factory tour, taste a zillion ice creams, and be sure to pay your respects at the famous Ben & Jerry’s flavor graveyard (Open year round)
Location: 1281 Waterbury-Stowe Rd Waterbury, VT 05676
- Carmen’s Ice Cream Shop – We love having this great ice cream shop so close by. Everything a classic country ice cream parlor should be! Choose from more than 50 ice cream varieties including hard & soft style, organic ice creams, gelatos, frozen yogurts, gluten and dairy free options. Go old school here with a banana split, and lime rickys. Better yet, have one of their VERY famous sundaes. They are listed in “America’s Top 500 Sundae Places”. Hang out on the picnic tables at this old freighhouse and enjoy an old-fashioned ice cream experience.(Open year round) Location: 1000 Broad Street, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Chill Vermont Gelato – Can’t say enough about this awesome little gelato shop! Daily made, small batch, Sicilian-style (no eggs). The flavor choices are incredible. We encourage you to expand your palette here and try a number of unique flavors. You can thank us later. The vibe of this downtown state capitol area makes this ice cream spot even more cool. (open year round)
Location: 32 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont
- Rubylee’s Ice Cream House – Relax in their furnished front yard & play with their hula hoops while enjoying a scrumptious ice cream treat. Plenty of fun flavors to choose from. The maple creemies, unique sundaes & smoothies are super popular. Espresso & coffee beverages also available. Ideally located in Burke, adjacent to the famous Kingdom Trails mountain biking trails, wrapped with mountain views. Location: 405 VT Route 114, East Burke, VT Open daily – noon to 8 pm
Our “Plus One” – There’s just one more Vermont place we HAVE to add to the list… the Rabbit Hill Inn Yes! Our pastry chef makes incredible ice creams right here at the inn. Her dessert menu includes an impressive selection of luscious and very memorable ice creams and sorbets. Her flavor offerings will blow you away. Be sure to have dinner at the Rabbit Hill Inn restaurant, and save room for your Vermont ice cream grand finale.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE…
So, we’ve covered the Vermont side. We just had to share a sweet ice cream spot in close by New Hampshire (we’re just 10 minutes away). If you are craving an ice cream experience while in nearby New Hampshire, stop here –
- Bishop’s Ice Cream – A perfect ice cream stop after exploring all the neat shops on the very popular Main Street in Littleton NH. This ice cream kitchen is cranking out some yummy flavors. Go ahead, try 2 or 3, no one is looking. (Open May – early Oct) Location: 183 Cottage Street, Littleton, NH