Parsnip Bread Recipe from Rabbit Hill Inn
If you have parsnips on hand, this parsnip bread recipe is a great idea. Parsnips provide a wonderful earthy sweetness, you can even get away without telling anyone that the bread is made with parsnips. Get playful with this parsnip bread recipe. Jazz it up, add spices, herbs, honey, chopped dates, anything goes.
Now it’s your turn to be creative. Try this great Rabbit Hill Inn parsnip bread recipe. We hope that the delicious, appetizing aroma coming from your oven brings you fond memories of your time at Rabbit Hill Inn. Be sure to check out all the other great recipes in the Rabbit Hill Inn Recipe files.
Side notes: Recipe yields 2 full size loaves. Need two bread / loaf pans and parchment paper. Prep pans: oil all sides & line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ingredients for Parsnip Bread:
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
4 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup shredded peeled parsnips (raw)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In large bowl, beat together – sugar, oil, and eggs.
- In separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Blend wet and dry ingredients.
- Toss in shredded parsnips. Add alternately with buttermilk
- Fill bread pans equally. Sprinkle top with walnuts
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean
- Cool on baking rack. Enjoy!