This Rabbit Hill Inn Pear Orange muffin recipe is a big hit on our breakfast table. You’ll be making double batches, just to keep up with demand. The streusel recipe can be used in your other favorite muffin and coffee cake recipes. Visit us on FaceBook for more chef tips and recipes links.
Ingredients for muffins:
2 cups sugar 1-cup oil
4 eggs 2 cups sour cream
4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 chopped poached pear (canned pear can be used)
2 tsp baking soda 2 tsp orange zest
½ tsp baking powder
Ingredients for Oat Streusel topping:
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup soft butter
- Blend these ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, and oil. Add in sour cream and continue to mix.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix with wet ingredients just until incorporated.
- Stir in chopped pear and orange zest
- Scoop into greased muffin tins. Top with streusel topping
- Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes. Cool until muffins release easily from the tins.