This amazing crepe recipe has it all! Go ahead and serve this crepe dish for a fantastic breakfast, brunch, or even a summer appetizer or dinner entree. Expect a round of applause from your grateful diners. This seafood crepe recipe makes 8 small crepes.
Ingredients for Batter:
½ cup flour 1 Tbls sugar
Salt 1 cup cold milk
2 eggs, slightly scrambled 9 Tbls butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Blend with a fork.
- Add milk slowly, then eggs, then butter, and beat with a whisk to obtain a smooth consistency.
Ingredients for Filling:
12 shrimp 1 cup shredded crabmeat
2 cups water ½ shallot, chopped
2 star anise 8 Asparagus spears
Olive oil 2 Tbls tarragon, chopped
1 cup orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine, water, anise, and shallots.
- Heat to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and half cook.
- Strain liquid and set shrimp aside on a separate plate to cool.
- Grill asparagus until tender. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, crab, asparagus, and tarragon with olive oil.
- Open crepes flat. Fill with shrimp mixture in the center of the crepe.
- Fold sides towards middle to close.
- Reduce 1 cup or orange juice on medium heat to a syrup-like consistency.
- Drizzle over crepes