This delicious homemade Lemon Curd Recipe will become one of your favorite staple recipes. It can be used for many recipes. Be warned, it’s mighty good by the spoonful. Hopefully there will be some left to bake with. Bonus note: Use this lemon curd with our Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Coffeecake recipe.
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 10 oz lemon juice
- 1 lb sugar
- 6 eggs and 6 yolks -> beat together in bowl and set aside
- 8 oz butter -> cut into pieces
1. In a sauce pan, stir together lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil.
2. Temper egg mixture with 1 cup of the boiling lemon/sugar mixture.
3. Then add the egg mixture into the sauce pan with the remaining lemon/sugar mixture. Whip constantly until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Strain, add butter and zest. Mix until butter is melted.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and cool.