Treat your family and friends to a luscious lamb rack dinner. This delicious lamb rack recipe is easy to prepare and will bring raves from your dining guests. If you try it, let us know by dropping us a message on FaceBook. The recipe below serves 8 people.
4-8 bone lamb racks ½ cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup white wine ¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbls garlic, minced ¼ cup freshly chopped herbs
3 Tbls white truffle oil ½ cup tomato puree
1 cup heavy cream ¼ cup brandy
½ cracker or bread crumbs 1 shallot, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine mustard, wine, olive oil, 1 Tbls garlic, herbs, and salt & pepper in bowl and combine with bread crumbs.
- Salt and pepper lamb racks to taste and sear till browned on eye side of rack
- Put lamb in roasting pan seared side up and rub with Dijon crust.
- Roast in 400°F oven for 12 to 25 minutes or till internal temperature reaches 135° F.
For the tomato cream:
- Combine shallots and 1 Tbls. garlic in sauté pan with enough oil to sweat them.
- Add brandy to deglaze.
- Add tomato puree and cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to reduce by half and whisk in truffle oil.
- Serve warm over roasted lamb racks