1 cup heavy cream 3 Egg yolks
1 cup whole milk 4 Eggs
10 oz Maple Sugar Extra maple sugar for browning
> Will need 8 ramekins / Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place 8 ramekins in a baking pan that can hold water
- In a sauce pan, bring heavy cream, milk, and maple sugar to the scalding point
- In a separate bowl, whip 4 eggs and 3 egg yolks. Then slowly temper in the hot cream liquid
- Mix completely and distribute this liquid equally onto the 8 ramekins
- To create a water bath around the ramekins, pour hot water half way up to the ramekins
- Bake at 325 degrees until the liquid is set, about 35-45 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Check the brulee by inserting a knife into the mixture. The bottom will be slightly loose.
- Carefully remove ramekins from baking dish. Allow to cool before chilling.
- Chill completely (overnight is best) before sprinkling additional maple sugar on top
- Gently brown the top sugar with a SMALL propane torch or by placing them under the broiler until sugar is brown and slightly bubbly