This delicious spring roll recipe is easy to prepare. And be warned, these duck confit spring rolls are addictive! Make note, this recipe is very versatile – add anything you wish. You can even make them with chicken, if you wish.
4 large spring roll wrappers ¼ cup shallots, minced
1 egg, beaten with 3 Tbls of water (egg wash) ¼ cup celery, minced
¾ cup of duck confit, finely chopped 1 Tbls soy sauce
1 tsp freshly minced ginger 1 tsp sesame oil
1/3 cup fresh chopped stone fruit freshly ground pepper to taste
½ cup carrot, julienned
- In a large mixing bowl, add confit, stone fruit, carrot, celery, shallot, soy, ginger, sesame oil, and ground pepper.
- Blend well and refrigerate covered for 2 to 24 hours.
- When ready to assemble, place 4 wrappers on a cutting board in a diamond pattern.
- Place 2-3 Tbls of filling in the center of each.
- Brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Fold top point to bottom point; fold side points to center to create a tight seal. Then roll along the cutting board to create a tight roll.
- Place 4 rolls into a 320-330°F fry pan of canola or corn oil. Cook until golden brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Slice in half on the bias.
- Serve with your choice of sauce.