This easy chicken tenders recipe may become your favorite go-to recipe. It’s a great recipe for an easy casual dinner. And a terrific chicken appetizer recipe for parties, movie night, or while watching the big game. As a bonus… you’ll find this Maple-Apple Mustard recipe very versatile. Experiment and use it with all kinds of dishes and appetizers. It’s a fantastic sweet mustard recipe that you will be making in double batches, and often!
Preparation of the Ale Batter:
1-cup flour 2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp salt ½ tsp white pepper
1 tsp ground mustard 2 egg yolks
1 whole egg ¾ cup ale
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix to a smooth batter.
Preparation of the Maple-Apple Mustard:
2 oz yellow mustard seeds 3 Tbls ground mustard
¼ cup apple cider ¼ cup maple syrup
- Combine and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2 cups apple puree ¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup apple cider vinegar 3 Tbls brown sugar
1/3 tsp salt ½ tsp allspice
1 Tbls maple syrup
- Remove mustard seed mix from refrigeration and puree it.
- Place mustard mix in a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer for one hour.
Preparation of the Chicken Tenderloins:
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ strips or 8-10 pieces
- Place olive oil in a heavy saucepan to one inch in depth. Heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Dip chicken pieces into batter letting excess batter drip off. Then place into hot oil one at a time.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. (Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of chicken breasts, temperature of oil, and heaviness of the batter).
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Serve on platter with mustard on the side.