This easy bread recipe is very versatile. Enjoy terrific banana bread, apple bread, or zucchini bread. Go crazy and add stuff – nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, whatever! It all works. You might as well make extra loaves, it freezes very well.
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp cinnamon for zucchini and apple OR ½ tsp allspice for banana)
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Chopped nuts, optional
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini OR 2 mashed bananas OR 2 peeled, chopped apples
2 cups sugar
- About 15 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wisk dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Wisk wet ingredients together in another bowl (then stir in zucchini or banana).
- Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula until just combined.
- Spray a long loaf pan with plenty of cooking spray and then line long side of the pan with parchment (the ends will not be lined)
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, turn and bake for about 30 more minutes. Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from pan (using the parchment to help) and cool on a cooling rack.
From the recipe files of Rabbit Hill Inn