Where to Kayak, Canoe, and Paddle Board in Northern Vermont
You have GOT to get on the water! Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom is the best place to paddle and kayak in Vermont. Over 40,000 acres of lakes and 4,000 miles of rivers and streams define the Northeast Kingdom and White Mountain regions. Near Rabbit Hill Inn, you will find boat loads of affordable Vermont kayak, canoe, and paddle board rentals and guide packages. Of course the great swimming, fishing and wildlife viewing awaits you too. Enjoy placid waters for leisurely paddling. Or choose more active rivers and larger lakes for more challenging paddling and motor boating. Some of the best places to go paddle boarding, kayaking and canoeing in Vermont are Clyde River, Lake Willoughby, Crystal Lake, Harvey’s Lake, Joe’s Pond, Shadow Lake, Echo Lake in Franconia Notch State Park, NH, the Connecticut River and Moore Reservoir.
Getting on the water is so easy here. You don’t need to bring a thing with you. Gear, paddle boards, and Kayak / Canoe rentals of all kinds are readily available. Some are conveniently located by the water. To make it even easier – shuttle services are available at Clyde River Recreation to get you back to your starting point.
Terrific guided paddle excursions are available, including Paddle & Hike Tours, Paddle & Picnic, Dusk Wildlife tours, Full Moon tours, and many others. Just tell us what you prefer, and we’ll match you up with the perfect outfitter.
Need more convincing? Watch this ->
Here is a list of our fine boating outfitters:
- Clyde River Recreation (802) 895-4333, West Charleston, VT provides rentals/shuttle service
- Still Waters Run Deep Kayaking (603) 638-3017, Monroe, NH provides guided tours only
- Village Sport Shop (802) 626-8448, Lyndonville, VT -rentals only
- East Burke Sports (800) 626-3215, East Burke, VT – rentals only
- Anglin’ Boat Rental — (802) 626-4523 Barton, VT – delivers canoes/kayaks/motor boats/fishing boats to Crystal, Willoughby, and surrounding lakes. Advance reservations for boats advised.