Guests who are here for longer stays, and those who are with us on Wednesday nights when our dining room is closed, often ask about other places to eat.
For a rural area, there are some good alternatives ranging from the local Mom & Pop, to a Sterling car diner, to contemporary casual. Here’s a list of some of the places our guests will visit if they are not dining at the inn:
- Bailiwick’s On Mill – St. Johnsbury, VT – contemporary American cuisine with martini bar, set in a restored mill building.
- Kingdom Taproom – St. Johnsbury, VT – offering craft beer, wine and spirits along with a small menu, focusing on locally-sourced foods.
- Casa Aquilera – St. Johnsbury, VT – the “real deal” in simple, straightforward Mexican cuisine. Open 11:30 to 8pm, Tuesday through Sunday.
- Beal House Inn – Littleton, NH – rustic American tavern fare done nicely; menu changes frequently. Cozy and relaxing atmosphere.
- Bailiwick’s On Main – Littleton, NH – much like it’s sister restaurant in above with a few menu alternatives and a different look and feel.
- Chang Thai Cafe – Littleton, NH – offers very fresh, authentic Thai food in a comfortable and contemporary atmosphere.
- Schilling Brew Pub– Littleton, NH – craft brews made here that change frequently, great brick oven pizzas, stromboli, calzones, all in a rustic environment.
- Adair Country Inn & Restaurant – Bethlehem, NH – New England style cuisine with lighter fare in the bar.
- Sugar Hill Inn – Sugar Hill, NH – Four-course fixed price dinner in an elegant dining room.
And if you are in the mood for something very casual, Littleton, just 12 minutes from the inn, also offers the Littleton Diner, Gold House Pizza, Applesbee’s, and 99 Restaurant & Pub.