No need to beg any longer. Phyllis is sharing her delicious Donut Muffin recipe with you. Enjoy the goodness of homemade donuts and muffins all in one delicious bite. Make double batches, they freeze well.
Warning: These Donut Muffins are addictive!!!
Dry Ingredients mixed in bowl:
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
Wet ingredients in separate bowl:
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
Topping mix in separate bowl:
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter in separate bowl
Method: Yield – 24 muffins
- Wisk dry ingredients together in bowl
- Wisk wet ingredients together in separate bowl
- Gently fold wet & dry mixtures together with spatula until just combined
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wisk Using your hands, scoop out batter and fill each muffin to top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes (test for doneness)
- While muffins are baking, stir together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- When muffins are cool enough to handle, take each muffin and dip tops into melted butter,
- Dip into cinnamon/sugar mixture. Coat tops generously. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Now they’re ready to enjoy!