Donut Muffin Recipe from Rabbit Hill Inn
This Donut Muffin recipe yields 24 muffins. Guests are always asking for Chef Phyllis’s delicious Doughnut Muffin recipe. Now it’s your turn to try this great muffin recipe. Imagine the goodness of homemade donuts and muffins all in one delicious bite. Warning: These donut muffins are addictive and will disappear quickly. So plan on making double batches, they freeze well. Be sure to check out all the other great recipes in the Rabbit Hill Inn Recipe files.
Dry Ingredients mixed in bowl:
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
Wet ingredients in separate bowl:
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
Topping mix in separate bowl:
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter in separate bowl
Method: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk dry ingredients together in bowl
- Whisk wet ingredients together in separate bowl
- Gently fold wet & dry mixtures together with spatula until just combined (do not over mix – over mixing will result in dry muffins))
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into muffin tin – filling to the top. Bake 15-20 minutes (test for doneness)
- While muffins are baking, stir together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- When muffins are cool enough to handle, take each muffin and dip tops into melted butter.
- Dip and swirl into cinnamon/sugar mixture. Coat tops generously. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Now they’re ready to enjoy. And they freeze well too!