Tired of the same old BBQ sauces? Try this easy, delicious and versatile barbecue sauce recipe. It’s a great sauce for chicken, pork, beef, or as a dipping sauce. You will find all kinds of ways to use it in many dishes. Be sure to read through the recipe first. Each step lists the ingredients needed and method. You will need a food processor/blender to puree. It will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator or you could freeze it too. This Mango Barbecue Sauce recipe yields 4 cups.
2 Tbls unsalted butter 1 cup onion, medium diced
½ cup celery, medium diced ½ cup green peppers, medium diced
1 tsp garlic, minced
- heat butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Sauté vegetables on medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until soft.
1 tsp chili pepper 1/8 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground mustard 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 oz tomato paste
- Add spices to the vegetable. Stir in to incorporate.
- Pour tomato paste over to the mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
¼ cup white wine vinegar ½ cup corn syrup
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce ½ cup brown sugar
1 cup tomato juice 1 ½ lbs ripe mango, peeled & pureed
1 cup mango juice (or pineapple juice)
- Add these ingredients to the vegetable mix and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Puree in your food processor.