This easy bread recipe is very versatile. Enjoy terrific banana bread, apple bread, or zucchini bread. Go crazy and add stuff – nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, whatever! It all works. You might as well make extra loaves, it freezes very well.
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp cinnamon for zucchini and apple OR ½ tsp allspice for banana)
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Chopped nuts, optional
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini OR 2 mashed bananas OR 2 peeled, chopped apples
2 cups sugar
- About 15 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wisk dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Wisk wet ingredients together in another bowl (and then stir in zucchini or banana).
- Gently fold wet and dry ingredients together with a spatula until just combined.
- Spray a long loaf pan with plenty of cooking spray and then line long side of the pan with parchment (the ends will not be lined)
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, turn and bake for about 30 more minutes. Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean. Carefully remove from pan (using the parchment to help) and cool on a cooling rack.
From the recipe files of Rabbit Hill Inn