You have GOT to get on the water! Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom is a water lover’s paradise. Over 40,000 acres of lakes and 4,000 miles of rivers and streams define the Northeast Kingdom and White Mountain regions. These numerous waterways, both large and small, offer boat loads opportunities for boating, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, fishing and wildlife viewing. Enjoy placid waters for leisurely paddling. Choose more active rivers and larger lakes for more challenging paddling and motor boating. A few of our favorites are Lake Willoughby, Crystal Lake, Harvey’s Lake, Joe’s Pond, Shadow Lake, Echo Lake in Franconia Notch State Park, NH, Clyde River, Passumpisic River, and just a few minutes away – the Connecticut River and Moore Reservoir.
Getting on the water is so easy here. You don’t need to bring a thing with you. Gear and boat rentals of all kinds are available. Some are conveniently located by the water. To make it even easier – shuttle services are available to get you back to your starting point.
Terrific guided paddle excursions are available, including Paddle & Hike Tours, Paddle & Picnic, Dusk Wildlife tours, Full Moon tours, Paddle to the BBQ tours, and many others. Just tell us what you prefer, and we’ll match you up with the perfect outfitter.
Need more convincing? Watch this ->
Here is a list of our fine boating outfitters:
- Passumpsic River Outfitters (802) 578-3151, Passumpsic, Vt provides rentals/shuttle service/guided tours.
- Clyde River Recreation (802) 895-4333, West Charleston, VT provides rentals/shuttle service
- Still Waters Run Deep Kayaking (603) 638-3017, Monroe, NH provides guided tours only
- Village Sport Shop (802) 626-8448, Lyndonville, VT -rentals only
- East Burke Sports (800) 626-3215, East Burke, VT – rentals only
- Anglin’ Boat Rental — (802) 626-4523 Barton, VT – delivers canoes/kayaks/motor boats/fishing boats to Crystal, Willoughby, and surrounding lakes. Advance reservations for boats advised.